2019 FIA-approved pre-season (or winter) testing takes place in February and March prior to the first race of the season. During the sessions Formula 1 teams perform on-track testing of their new cars to get them ready for the upcoming season. The testing is performed at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya in Spain and split into two four-day sessions.
- Track: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
- Location: Montmeló, Catalonia, Spain
- Length: 4.655 km (2.892 mi)
- Turns: 16
- First test: February 18 – 21
- Second test: February 26 – March 1
- Session 1: 9AM – 1PM (GMT+1)
- Session 2: 2PM – 6PM (GMT+1)
Due to a delay in the production of the 2019 car Williams did not start testing before February 20.
First test driver programme
- Wednesday February 20: George Russell (PM)
- Thursday February 21: Robert Kubica (AM), George Russell (PM)
Second test driver programme
- Tuesday 26 February: George Russell
- Wednesday 27 February: Robert Kubica
- Thursday 28 February: George Russell
- Friday 1 March: Robert Kubica
You can find more information about pre-season testing on the official Formula 1 website.
You can read the testing times and session recaps below.